We invite everyone with an interest in school library media topics to participate in LM_NET! Please select the version that suits your needs best. Here is an overview of our four subscription options:
3. EL-Announce with LM_NET Select
4. LM_NET NoMail
Here are more details about each option, advantages, considerations and how to GET IT!:
1. “Classic” LM_NET Subscription – The original full-fledged, “straight-up”, non-commercial, high-volume mailing list. Receive every LM_NET message sent directly to your inbox.
- Advantages: This allows you to receive every message and respond to LM_NET discussions immediately.
- Considerations: The amount of mail may be as many as 75 messages a day.
- Get it: Send an e-mail message to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU. In the first line of the message, type: SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Firstname Lastname (ex. SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Jane Smith)
2. “Digest” LM_NET Subscription -The “Classic,” summarized and mailed once or twice daily. Lower volume, compiled, but all the news.
- Advantages: You still receive every message in a timely manner with a lighter inbox impact.
- Considerations: Must read through DIGEST messages to find topics that interest you.
- Get it: After subscribing to LM_NET (above in Classic), send an email message to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU. In the first line of the message, type: SET LM_NET DIGEST
3. “EL-Announce with LM_NET Select” Subscription – The best of “Classic LM_NET” hottest discussions, a splash of LM_NET humor, plus a small number of emails from vendor affiliates.
- Advantages: Mailings sent three times per week, Targets and off-topic posts are weeded out, and posts are organized into topic threads. All vendors are notable school library vendors who share special offers and information with El-Announce subscribers.
- Considerations: LM_NET Select is available via a separate subscription to El-Announce which is made possible by vendor support. All vendors are notable school library vendors who share special offers and information with El-Announce subscribers. Expect a small number of emails from vendors with this subscription.
- Get it: Visit http://lm-net.info/join.html and enter your email address. It is highly advised that you also join LM_NET and then set your account to NOMAIL (below).
4. LM_NET NOMAIL Subscription – You are still an LM_NET member and can post to the group, but you will not receive LM_NET messages.
- Advantages: You can still post to the group when you wish to share or TARGET information. A good option for holidays or times when you can’t handle the volume of messages.
- Considerations: When posting, you will need to have members respond to you off-list since you will not receive LM_NET posts.
- Get it: First, subscribe to LM_NET (see Classic). Send a second e-mail message to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU. In the first line of the message, type: SET LM_NET NOMAIL
NOTE: We’re here to help you if you have any questions about how to subscribe. Please contact us for personal assistance at LM_NETfirstname.lastname@example.org !